Unless otherwise noted, meetings are held Tuesdays at the Calgary Memorial Park Library, Lower Level, 1221 – 2 St SW. We regularly meet only four months a year:
Fall session: October and November
Spring session: March and April
There can be exceptions, such as our September 2017 event!
Please check the tab Join Us, if you wish to attend as a guest.
NOTE: Special Event September 28, 2017
CWLC is hosting author Gail Bowen (2:00 – 3:00 pm, venue to be finalized). Guests are welcome.
|October 2017||Presenting a paper on author:|
|3||Dolores Duval||Ross King|
|10||Shawna Mattison||Haruki Murikami|
|17||Moorea Gray||Stephan S. Stephansson|
|24||Flora Spackman||Orson Scott Card|
|31||Lillian Tickles||Carol Shields|
|7||Robin Stanford||William Gibson|
|14||Wilda Dow||Amy Tan|
|6||Janet Halls||still searching…|
|13||Mavis Martienson||Allan Prior|
|20||Sandra Ens||Jane Urquhart|
U of C Writer-in-Residence
|3||Anne-Marie Duma||Tony Hillerman|
|10||Lyn Koltutsky||Emily Carr|
|17||Marcia Century||Donna Leon|
|25||Closing Luncheon and AGM|
Literary Presentation Guidelines:
- Presentation should be a minimum of 30 – 35 minutes in length;
- Emphasis should be on the literary aspects of the work; influences on the author; the author’s life and times; and appropriate quotations from the body of work;
- The paper should address at least four or five books;
- The presenter should prepare two or three significant questions relating to their paper for general discussion following the presentation if time allows;
- The presenter should provide a summary, maximum one page, electronically and/or on paper, to the secretary for inclusion in the Glenbow archives and on the CWLC website.